Friday, January 27, 2012

Dinner!


Oh, this was good. It's a regular mushroom risotto, made with ordinary button mushrooms, and some dried (and re-constituted in warm water) funnel chanterelles. On top is a boneless chicken thigh, wrapped with prosciutto de parma. I browned that in a hot pan, then added a little apple cider and let it braise until the chicken was cooked. I finished off with a spoonful of cream, and let it reduce into the gorgeous caramelly syrup you can see on top of the chicken.

Very good, indeed.

2 comments:

Alviana Kalin said...

hmmmm it looks nice.I love risotto! nice blog :) btw, I'm new in this food blogging world, and I'd like to learn a lot from you. care to follow each other? :)

viethefoodamateur.

Fröken Dill said...

Sounds very good! Cooking with apple cider is a very good idea...