Friday, October 14, 2005

Chicken with Lime, Honey and Garlic



Here's a newly found favorite. I first saw this recipe on Swedish tv ("Landgång") and immediately dismissed it as being too simple, boring, and hey - of course it's good if you add cream. Pah! No challenge. Hrm, well, let's just say I changed my mind. I wanted something fast and easy to cook, and I was in the mood for something creamy. I happened to have all the ingredients, so... and oh my goodness, it was great. This is something I can't wait to make again.

Chicken with Lime, Honey and Garlic
serves 2

2 chicken breasts, cut up into strips or large pieces
2 limes
2 tbsp honey
2 cloves of garlic
200 ml cream (any variety you want - I used one with 20% fat, but I'm sure lighter ones would have been fine.)
salt, pepper, dried chili flakes

Grate the limes, and juice them. Mince the garlic. Combine lime peel, lime juice and garlic in a small bowl. Fry the chicken in a bit of olive oil or butter, and season with salt and pepper. Add the cream. Add the lime-garlic mixture, and let simmer for 10. Add the honey, and if you want it more spicy, a little bit of dried chili flakes. Serve with rice and some kind of vegetables.

10 comments:

Maria said...

Kul att du testat receptet, jag gillade verkligen kocken i den serien, en riktigt härlig person! Kanske blir receptet till en fredagsmiddag hos mig ikväll...

Trevlig helg!

Pille said...

This sounds really simple and tasty, Anne. Combining cream, honey and lime would be new to me, but with your endorsement I should maybe try it. Am off to a dinner party in Germany this weekend, so this has to wait until next week thou..

Mona said...

Those julienned veggies look awesome, I couldn't tell if they were veggies or shoestring fries!

Joe said...

This dish looks so good - and I like how it is only made for 2 servings!

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious and easy! I'm out of cream, do you think that I could use milk instead? Thanks!

Anne said...

I think milk will make it a bit too runny, but you could thicken it with flour. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I know you posted this a looong time ago, but I've been saving the recipe. I just cooked it for a friend visiting from Colombia and it was a huge success. Also so simple! I'm putting it into my regular recipe rotation immediately.

Nikki said...

It's never too late, I hope! I tried this last night and it was really good!! We both loved it and will absolutely have it again. I wasn't thrilled about the lime/chicken combo but -- I was wrong!!

Thanks!

Nikki said...

What I MEANT was... I wasn't thrilled about the concept of the lime/chicken combo when reading the recipe. But it turned out to be DELICIOUS! :)

Anne said...

Happy to hear it Nikki! :) This really is a nice combo, I had forgotten it for a few years but it was a great re-discover :)